30 second summary:
- A successful virtual sales enablement approach is based on a combination of technology, information and human interaction.
- Virtual learning and activation platform Allego has published the final guide to sales activation. The whitepaper provides guidance for companies looking to develop a modern virtual sales promotion strategy.
- Allego’s guide lists four key elements of modern sales. It also includes an important checklist for activating 2021 sales that companies can refer to when creating their strategy for activating 2021.
- You can download the Allego whitepaper from ClickZ.
Virtual Sales Enablement uses a combination of technology, information and human interaction to support salespeople at every stage of the sales journey.
In her whitepaper, Allego outlines how companies can develop a sales promotion strategy that prepares them to grow in any environment, including one almost entirely virtual.
Modern sales functions go beyond sharing presentation decks and managing contacts. It requires a comprehensive strategy that takes a holistic approach to sales and employs tools, content, and information to provide sellers with everything they need to be successful.
Some of the key points of the white paper are:
- The four elements of modern sales promotion
- A 2021 activation checklist
- The right technology – where Allego belongs
While this article addresses some key points of Allego’s modern approach to enablement, the guide goes into much greater detail on what companies need to consider when creating a sustainable strategy. You can download Allego’s whitepaper here.
Content created in collaboration with Allego.
The four elements of modern sales promotion
In our post-pandemic world, virtual selling has become the norm among B2B sales teams. Companies that moved quickly to virtual selling in March and April 2020 are now planning their sales promotion strategies for 2021 as part of this new normal.
Allego writes, “The processes and tactics you put in place this spring likely weren’t designed for the long term, and sales teams often had to learn on the fly how to be successful when face-to-face meetings aren’t possible. It is time to find out what works and what doesn’t in this new world. “
Planning for the “next normal” involves incorporating a number of elements, from providing mobile access to content, to training employees on how to use each asset, to connecting sellers with prospects and buyers during the entire sales cycle. Allego’s four elements of modern sales are: learning, content, collaboration, and insight.
- Learn: Salespeople need to have just-in-time learning when they need it, but also have a solid background for basic training. Combining these two approaches ensures that sales reps have the information they need, when they need it.
- content: Content is at the heart of your strategy. Ensuring that salespeople have relevant content in context – content that is findable and easy to share – is key to the modern approach to sales promotion.
- collaboration: Virtual collaboration is essential in a modern enablement environment. Your strategy and technology must facilitate communication between all of your relevant teams – sales, marketing, managers, subject matter experts, and buyers.
- insight: Data is the fourth major element of a modern approach to sales. “The most effective sales promotion is data-driven,” writes Allego. Sellers need access to built-in platform dashboards and data visualizations that help them understand buyer engagement and link actions to results.
A sales promotion checklist for 2021
Allego’s manual includes a checklist of tasks to be completed in creating a modern activation strategy, with items from the list falling into one of the four items listed above. Here is an example of what is on the checklist:
- Learn – Set up salesperson exercises and role play.
- content – Organize sales collateral and make it available remotely.
- collaboration – Enable sellers to leverage the expertise of subject matter experts.
- insight – Determine which content is the most effective and the least effective.
Allego writes, “To master sales promotion, you need to invest in the tools your salespeople need. You could cobble together multiple platforms with a range of features, but the most efficient approach is to have learning, content, collaboration, and insights in one place. “
The right technology – where Allego belongs
To redesign your sales enablement approach to meet long-term needs, you need to take stock of what you’ve already done.
Sales reps use an average of six tools to facilitate sales, including CRMs, email engagement tools, and more. Consolidating your tools into a single, holistic platform saves money and replaces isolated tools with an all-in-one system that gives you a 360-degree view of sales and buying behavior.
By consolidating tools, you can reduce your overall workload, increase user adoption of the technology, and reduce costs by eliminating redundancies. Allego’s platform deals with all four elements of a modern, holistic sales promotion strategy.