July 9, 2020
Vidyard announces powerful new video collaboration and communication tools and redesigns its corporate video platform to make video creation and management easier for any business professional.
KÜCHENER, Ontario – July 9, 2020 – In today’s modern digital-first communication, online video is used has skyrocketed in business As salespeople, marketers and executives are looking for new ways to get their messages across to distant audiences. Videos are no longer just a specialized marketing tool. Now employees across the company are using custom video recordings to connect with prospects and clients and to communicate clearly with their internal employees.
Vidyard Introduces a new suite of video creation and collaboration tools, new integration with Zoom video conferencing, and a major redesign of online video hosting and corporate video sharing services. Vidyard is designed to put the power of video in the hands of every business user while meeting corporate security needs. With this, Vidyard sets a new standard for hosting, creating, sharing and measuring corporate quality videos available free of charge, to the anyone.
“Companies are rapidly evolving their sales, marketing and communication strategies to adapt them to a digital first-line communication world,” said Michael Litt, Vidyard co-founder and CEO. “Video is a big part of it because it’s just more efficient, expressive, and effective than standard text. Today’s businesses need an easier, smarter, and more scalable way to put video performance in the hands of their people. We are excited to meet this need with a new generation of video creation and hosting solutions that transform every business professional into a video artist and every organization into a video-first company. “
New apps and tools help business people create and collaborate on videos
Recording and sharing custom videos is the new business standard today. In fact, since March 1, 2020, Vidyard has seen its online screen recording and video creation tool sign up more than 400% per month.
With the latest version, Vidyard introduces a number of new innovations in online video recording and sharing that enable advanced video creation and secure video-based collaboration. Vidyard is also introducing new mobile apps to help any business professional Create and share custom videos whether at home, in the office or on the go. The new features include:
- Updates to Vidyard’s free online video recording tool This feature allows you to create and share custom videos from the desktop using a webcam, screen capture, or both. With the new on-screen drawing and highlighting tools, users can customize videos by highlighting key areas on their screen with a variety of brush sizes and colors. If users record the screen and webcam at the same time, they can move their camera window on the fly to avoid covering important visual elements. New speaker notes also help users stay in the script and can add bullets and talking points right above their on-screen webcam.
- New Vidyard Android app and updated iOS app Help business people record and share videos anytime, anywhere. Quickly capture custom videos on the go and instantly share them through a proprietary video sharing site. The Vidyard mobile apps and online video recording tool connect to the same video libraries, so users can seamlessly switch between desktop and mobile and have continuous access to all video recordings. Vidyard is available for iOS now and is available for pre-registration on Android.
- Video viewers can now leave a comment or reply to videos Shared by users of Vidyard’s Pro-Level, Team, Business, and Enterprise-Tier offerings. Once the video is shared, viewers can collaborate directly on the video sharing page to provide feedback or ask questions. Video senders receive comment notifications so they can act quickly. This makes every video a one-stop collaboration tool.
- Advanced security options Enable users of Vidyard’s pro, team, and business tier offerings to secure viewer access to private videos using custom passwords. Vidyard’s enterprise customers can also apply single sign-on (SSO) settings, which ensure that private videos created and shared by internal users can only be viewed by other employees within the same organization.
The redesigned and improved video platform simplifies hosting and publishing of videos
As business users create more on-demand content and record more Zoom calls, organizations need to rethink how to engage their workforce and how to efficiently scale the hosting and publishing of video across their teams. Actually, The state of the video 2020 in remote work Demand Metric’s report shows that 94% of study participants use video conferencing for work, while more than 50% say they create more recorded video than ever before.
Vidyard has redesigned and enhanced its corporate video platform to enable organizations to quickly scale their online video usage to meet employee expectations while maintaining centralized control and management of video content.
- New revised UX makes it easy for companies, teams or individuals to get started with hosting, sharing and measuring videos. Once a video is recorded or uploaded, users can instantly transcript, add subtitles, customize the video thumbnail, set viewing permissions, and post on a variety of public and private channels. With intuitive workflows and easy-to-use features, individuals on any team can now create, upload and publish videos, whether or not they are experts in video or content management.
- New security functions Let administrators control viewing permissions for centrally published videos and allow individual video creators to secure custom videos with passwords or single sign-on. With the support of public and private video content, businesses can now use one corporate video platform for all of their video needs.
- New zoom integration Business and enterprise level customers can automatically sync recorded Zoom calls to their Vidyard account once the meeting ends. Users can save and share an unlimited number of Zoom recordings and easily secure private content with passwords and single sign-on solutions. Recorded Zoom meetings can easily be viewed on a dedicated video sharing page or shared with colleagues or clients using Vidyard’s online video sharing tools and mobile apps.
Vidyard’s video solutions for business continue to go beyond traditional video hosting and management, providing sales teams, marketers, executives and others the tools they need to create and share memorable videos with ease every day. A new generation of video tools has arrived, and they are there available free of charge, to the anyone.
Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in new ways by delivering engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard enables companies like Honeywell, Citibank and HubSpot to change their approach to marketing, sales and corporate communications. With its free and professional tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to get their message across in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs. Sign up for Vidyard for free: https://www.vidyard.com/free-screen-record
Sandy Pell, director of corporate communications, Vidyard
With the demand for video growing, Vidyard is redesigning its video hosting platform and introducing new tools that will enable any business professional to communicate clearly using video.
Sandy Pell is the corporate communications director at Vidyard. She was named one of the Top 30 Under 30 in Canada by PR in Canada and one of the Top 20 Tech Women in Canada by the C100. When she doesn’t create extraordinary communication, as a commercial wall painter, she turns empty spaces into remarkable places!